COVID UPDATE – January 20, 2022 – Primrose Gardens
NEW COVID POSITIVE CASES = 8 residents
TOTAL COVID POSITIVE CASES = 9 (9 residents | 0 staff)
MOST RECENT COVID CASE = January 20, 2022
We are sorry to inform you that there are 8 additional COVID positive residents at Primrose Gardens. We have tested all symptomatic and all close contacts of the 8 COVID positive residents. We are doing contact tracing to determine if there is transmission between residents in the apartment building. This is still in progress. The first 3 residents who were discovered to be COVID positive did not have contact with each other. The high prevalence of COVID in our community is now impacting our seniors as they have been out and about in the past several days or have had a COVID positive visitor. Residents are experiencing mild symptoms or no symptoms. Residents were all called by phone prior to today’s lunch to inform them of the news that the dining room has closed at this time.
COVID positive residents have an isolation cart at their room. Any visitors must follow the PPE protocols to enter.
Residents who are COVID positive, have COVID symptoms or have been a close contact of a COVID exposed individual are given a package of material that includes an Action Sheet. This material can be viewed here – CLICK HERE
This memo was distributed at the end of the day to residents:
Date: January 20, 2022
To: All Primrose Gardens Residents
Re: COVID Positive Residents: Total = 9
We are sorry to inform you that there are eight new COVID positive residents in Primrose Gardens, bringing the total to nine. These residents have been informed and asked to call their families. At this time we have to make some changes to resident services in order to limit the possibility of further transmission.
As of today, January 20th the following changes are in effect:
- Dining Room is closed – Residents will be served their meal in their apartments. Most residents will be served from the hot carts. Residents who have tested positive will receive tray service.
- All visitors will be screened – There will be a host at the door to screen all visitors. Anyone who comes inside Primrose Gardens will be required to show proof of double vaccination. (The booster shot is not required.)
- All in-person recreation activities are cancelled. Recreation programming on channel 10 will continue. Please do not meet in groups with other residents. Keep any social gatherings with family small.
- Menno Place housekeeping service has been suspended for those who are isolating or COVID positive.
- Limit your outings as much as possible. Primrose Gardens has NOT been declared on outbreak at this time. If you are not on isolation, you are allowed to move about the building, go outside and go out into the community but please follow safety protocols (wear your mask).
We are awaiting further instructions from Public Health and will update you as things change. Please monitor yourself for symptoms. Wear your mask. Practice social distancing. If you feel sick, call reception 604-851-4000.