Summer is just around the corner and it’s time to think about air conditioners. The common areas of each of the apartment buildings are air conditioned but the apartments are not. Air conditioners are in stores now. If you want to buy one, don’t wait. They tend to sell out quickly.
What kind of air conditioner should you choose?
- Choose a portable air conditioner – one that sits on the floor and vents out the window. We are not able to install units that hang outside the window.
- Select a unit that is 8000 BTUs or less. Anything higher than that will trip the breakers.
- Menno Place’s maintenance team must do the installation to ensure it’s done correctly and safely. There is a $36.00 charge for installation which includes removal at the end of the season.
- If your apartment does not have a balcony/patio please check with Leonard to ensure a unit can be installed before purchasing.
How to request installation:
- Make sure the unit is on site, in the resident’s suite and unboxed.
- Provide a 3-pronged extension cord approximately 6 feet in length.
- Contact the receptionist in your building to request an install. The receptionist will fill out a work request and the maintenance team will attend. Air conditioner installs can usually be completed in 2-3 days.
If you order an air conditioner online please be sure to give the resident’s full address including their suite number. The unit needs to be delivered to their apartment. We have had issues in the past where delivery companies have tried to drop the units off at our warehouse which causes confusion, lost units and delays.
If you have any questions about air conditioners please contact your receptionist – Lynn for Primrose Gardens and Pavilion (604 851-4000) or Claire for Terrace East and Terrace West (604-851-4004).