Recreation Activities – Apartments
At the beginning of each month you will receive a “Calendar of Events” The calendar will show all the events that are scheduled for the month. The Calendar of Events is subject to change.
There are often un-scheduled events that take place at The Apartments at Menno Place.
Information is posted in the buildings describing what will happen and where. The noon hour announcements will also give details of changes or additions to the Recreation Calendar.
Social and Recreational Programs
Self-directed social and recreational programming is an important aspect of life at The Apartments at Menno Place lifestyle. Its purpose is to promote independence and life enrichment.
The overall goals are:
- To promote and maintain lifetime interests
- To promote physical, psychological, spiritual, mental and social wellness through activities that stimulate and activate
- To promote self-esteem and a sense of accomplishment
- To promote a sense of community involvement, contribution and usefulness
- To promote choice and involvement in decision-making
- To promote independence
Activities include programs from the Recreation department, projects amongst residents and the involvement of groups from the community at large.